Sometimes they are given a hard time. Ya know, too much fat, high in cholesterol, salmonella…okay, that one is pretty bad. But you get the point.
However, I am here to tell you that on average, I eat 6 whole eggs a week. The whole.dang.thing. And I love them.
Why? Well check this out!
- 5.5 grams of protein per 68 calories (not that I worry about calories too much, but that is a mighty fine source of protein right there!)
- they are a good source of choline, which acts as a bile in our bodies to help move the fat in and out of cells and get out of our body (convenient for a girl who doesn’t have a gallbladder…therefore doesn’t have a good supply of bile!)
- more than 90% of American's are deficient in choline, which also acts as an anti inflammatory
- the good fat in eggs helps with brain function – we could all use a little of that!
- the old fear that it raises cholesterol? No more. After a 25 year study, investigators in this study found was that saturated fat in the diet, not dietary cholesterol, is what influences blood cholesterol levels the most. Eating an egg or two a day can actually help you!
- Due to certain proteins in the egg yolk, eating eggs may help lower risk of a heart attack or stroke by helping to prevent blood clots.
- packed with vitamins and minerals
I had never thought of that, but it is true!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
~What’s your favorite way to eat eggs?
**I love them hard boiled. But I also often make them scrambled with tons of veggies! Yum!
~What are 5 things you’d like the Easter bunny to bring you?
**All I want are some sunny days!