Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Banana Chia Muffins

Betcha didn’t see this one coming…after Monday’s post all about chia seeds!

Here is a recipe for you to try out. I’ve already added them to homemade granola bars, but this time I opted for some banana muffins!

image

My camera’s battery was dead, so this is a picture from this blog…I’ve never been to it before but it was the closest picture I could find!

Banana Chia Seed Muffins

1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. oats
4 T. chia seeds
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 c. sugar
2 small mashed bananas
1 egg
1/8 c. coconut oil
1 t. vanilla
1 c. milk

In one bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, oats, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
In a second bowl, mash the bananas (I just use a fork) and then add the egg, oil, vanilla and milk. Mix until well combined. Then slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined.
Pour into muffin tins. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.

*Makes about 15 muffins. 130 calories each, 4 g. protein, 3 g. fiber, 3 g. sugar. Compare those stats to this banana muffin recipe and you’ve got yourself a pretty tasty, healthy muffin in your hands!

EAT UP!

2 comments:

  1. i am so excited for muffins season! should I start with these?
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so good! I'll have to try these for sure as I have some bananas that are getting pretty ripe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...