Monday, January 24, 2011

Breaking the “Social Norm”

When I was in AP Psychology in high school, one of our assignments was to break a social norm with a group and get it on video. Then we all made DVD’s and watched them as a class. They were hilarious! People did the craziest things! Like taking food out of people’s grocery carts and putting it into theirs, or walking through a store singing at the top of their lungs. Definitely a project I will always remember.
Moving on to a different social norm we NEED to break…

It’s January 24th…the beginning of the 4th week of January. Do you know what that means? That a third of everyone that made new years resolutions/goals have already broken them. But not you, right?! Because this year will be different. This year you made specific and reasonable goals that you can measure and attain through effort and dedication.

We all have those days where our goals seem a bit too far out of reach or you just don’t want to run that last mile. But today, I challenge you to

REMEMBER
This week, I want to you take some time to sit down and write about a time you reached a goal. Whether huge or small, or personal or fitness related, sit down and write about it. Write about how you reached it, write about the days that were sometimes hard, and then write about what it felt like to finish. Keep what you wrote in a place you can see frequently. That way you’ll remember frequently. 

Here’s a hint as to what I like to remember. More to come on Wednesday!
DSC01172
~What do you remember?
~Have you ever broken a different social norm for fun?

2 comments:

  1. Um I'm just gonna give a shoutout to myself....I went off carbs and sugar January 1st....and I've only cheated once! Friday I had a bite of my grandpa's frosty at Wendy's. But I was sick! And I've lost 5 pounds.
    If only I liked exercising.....maybe you should post on how to actually enjoy it. Becaue I want to. I just don't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rocks! That's definitely something to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...