Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dunkable

I’m pretty sure if I were to pick my favorite snack as a little girl, it would be graham crackers and milk. And those graham crackers needed to be dunked in the milk until they pretty much fell in to the milk. Then I’d stick my little fingers into the milk and slurp up a mushy graham cracker. Ohhh so good.

Well, here’s a delicious recipe for homemade graham crackers! Very dunkable.

IMG_0035

Graham Crackers

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, room temp
1/2 cup agave syrup or honey

Preheat oven to about 300 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Mix the four dry ingredients together and then cut in the room temperature butter. At this point, I used my hands :) It will start to get a bit crumbly. Then add the agave or honey and get it all well combined. Divide into two mounds of dough and roll out onto the two cookie sheets. Roll out to desired thickness (they can be pretty thin). It might help to flour your roller and pan. If you’d like, draw cutting lines with a butter knife and poke some fork holes into the crackers.

Bake for 20-25 minutes and let cool completely before breaking apart.

IMG_0031

IMG_0032

IMG_0033

IMG_0034

Get dunking!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! I was hoping this recipe would show up here. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conner is going to love this! We'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...