Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby, It’s Cold Outside!

DSC02546DSC02549



DSC02550
This week was FREEZING. I don’t even know how to explain it. But I’m sure people on campus thought I never changed clothes, because this coat never left my back. Ever.
Other than freezing my nose off every time I stepped outside, some good things happened this week!
First off, the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans came out. It’s a whopping 112 pages. Here are some frightening statistics they reported:
  • 37% of the population has cardiovascular (heart) disease
  • 16% of the population has high cholesterol
  • 34% of the population has high blood pressure
  • Another 36% has pre-hypertension (the step before hypertension / high blood pressure)
  • 11% has diabetes, most of which is Type 2 diabetes
  • 35% has pre-diabetes
  • About 1/3 of our country is considered obese and more than double that are considered overweight
Not cool! But that is why we have goals and plans and work. Because with work, comes changes and results. So don’t quit!
Another exciting thing this week…one of my new goals for February is to make an effort to take breaks when I study. Sometimes I just keep going and going because I want to get things done, when really I get less and less productive if I don’t take breaks. So I made an effort to do that this week, and I think it really helped!
Finally…have you checked out my January totals for the 1,000 Mile Challenge? Check it out! I’m ahead of the game.
Well, I hope next week brings less cold and more productivity. Keep up on those goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...