Beware. It can make or break your success.
So this week, I challenge you to
plan your snacks!
Really. I think we often think of planning and preparation for the week and we make lists of meals and exercise schedules. But do you plan what you will grab when you get that nagging feeling at 3:00 pm?
So this week, instead of just grabbing that bag of chips, followed by a granola bar and some pretzels, (those foods don’t have to be bad, but all of them at once? no thanks.) know what to grab BEFORE it happens. This could also mean packing a snack to put in your bag or backpack if you know you'll be gone awhile. Then there is no need to visit those darn vending machines!
Here are some easy snack ideas:
- crave something salty? try some air popped popcorn with a little sea salt
- crave something crunchy? try a handful (about 10 – 12) of almonds or a bigger handful (20-25) of pistachios
- one of my favorites: celery with peanut butter!
- 1/2 c. of cottage cheese with some peaches
- baby carrots and hummus
- a hard boiled egg with some sliced sweet peppers
- 10 crackers with little slices of turkey or cheese on it
- apple and peanut butter
- 1/2 c. yogurt with fruit
- green smoothie
There are so many options! Just don’t go grazing. That usually leads to unhealthy choices and over eating. A snack should be small enough to make you hungry again in a few hours, but not so small that you are hungry before the next meal. Try drinking lots of water while you snack too…it will help you stay full AND hydrated. Happy snacking!
~What are your favorite go to snacks?