Friday, January 14, 2011

A Whole Lot of This...


This was the position you could find me in most afternoons this week. It was back to the books, big time! Or I guess back to the laptop. It seems each semester more professors are using online texts and resources for their classes. Pretty spiffy.

The funny/ironic thing about all my studying and sitting at a computer is that one of the classes I'm taking for my major is Leisure and Human Behavior. Leisure. Huh? In one of the lectures we even learned that in one study they surveyed adults and found that 68% of those surveyed said that they did not get a chance to participate in sports or athletic activities, or relax outside on a regular basis. Further, millions of Americans are diagnosed with stress related illnesses every year, many of which could have been prevented if the patients had managed their stress with recreation. Haha - what do they think they are doing to college students?!

Despite the time spent with my dear textbooks, I did get some good workouts in this week. Yoga is tomorrow, which might be the highlight since I get to try something new. I've never been to a real yoga class. This week I did start a new spin class, and it was fun. Those classes never fail to make me sweat like crazy!

Well, I hope this weekend is full of healthy living and leisure!!

~What's your favorite thing to do with your leisure time?
~What was your favorite workout this week?

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY WANT YOU TO JOIN GOLDS WITH ME!!! I do a spin class Mondays and Fridays, dancing on tuesdays, kickbox wednesdays and thursdays is YOGA!! Come do it with me!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...