Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Get Tracking!

Have you set your goals yet? Pleasant surprise this morning: when I went to open my fridge, I saw that my mom had posted her 3 goals for January! Go mom! I love that I have at least one follower :)

I don't think all fitness or nutrition goals have to be centered around losing weight. Often, if you set goals like getting two runs in a week, or being able to run 3 miles by the end of January, or eating at least 4 servings of veggies a day, you might see weight loss just happen. BUT, if weight loss is a goal, I have a great resource for you!



I've talked about livestrong.com before. I love it! There are all sorts of good things about it, but what I really like is the "start tracking" section. So check it out! You can submit recipes and it will tell you the nutrition facts, you can put in everything you eat during the day and how much you exercise and see how it's balancing, etc. One of the most important things when trying to lose weight is to track eating and exercise. If you aren't writing it down, most likely food is getting consumed when you don't even realize it, and you might not be exercising as much as you should be. So track it! Whether it's online or with pen and paper...keep yourself accountable.

When I'm training for a race, whether it be a road race, bike race or a triathlon, I always plan out my workouts and type them up. I print one off to hang in my room, and the other I have open on my desktop so I can keep track of what I'm supposed to be doing. It helps sooo much! I'm sure my training wouldn't be successful without it.



Speaking of LIVESTRONG...have you seen the LIVESTRONG collection through Nike? I love it. All of it. That might be because of my slight obsession with looking for workout clothes and running shoes. That isn't weird, is it?


~What do you secretly love to shop for?
~Do you find tracking your goals to be hard? Or maybe just a pain? How do you make it easier?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...