Friday, January 7, 2011

The Great Mile Challenge

It's been a good first week of the decade, if I do say so myself. It was mostly spent getting ready for school to start next week, finishing up reading The Help, my "fun" book before school starts, and spending time with family. By the way, I'd recommend that read to everyone. It's fabulous!

The beginning of the week was also spent setting goals, both for the month of January as I challenged each of you to do, and a couple for the whole year. In January, I set a goal to do a bit more yoga. I know how good it is to give my legs a day off and to get some good stretching in, but I'm usually not patient enough to do yoga. Yes, this is true. But I want to try! I think it will help me on my harder cardio days, and help relieve stress and tension.

On Tuesday I tried something totally new to me: Zumba! My mom and I went to a class at a local dance studio with some of my mom's friends. It was fun! I'm more of the running, biking, swimming kind of chick - I'd never done aerobics or any type of dance, but it was a good change of pace. I'm not sure I'd do it on a regular basis, because I like my running and biking time. But if you are looking for something new, try it out! From what I hear, how good the class is and how good of a workout you get is totally based off the instructor.

~Have you tried Zumba?

Now, if you look at the title of this post there is another challenge. I know it's not Monday, BUT I want to let you in on a goal I have for myself this year. Ready for this? I want to log

1,000 Miles of Activity in 2011

My goal is to have at least 500 of those miles be running, and the rest involve biking and swimming and walking/hiking. And I'd like to invite you to join in on the challenge! It might not be 1,000 for you. But pick any distance that you think is reasonable, and go for it! I like it because it will keep me accountable, and on the days that I don't feel like going another 10 minutes, hopefully I'll think of this challenge and push myself a little further. So, join me in logging more miles than ever in 2011! You can follow my tracking on my 1,000 Miles page - a little encouragement wouldn't hurt one bit!

I have a feeling my new NIKEiDs I got for Christmas will get plenty of pavement pounding time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...