Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year...New You!

In an earlier post I mentioned changing things up a bit with the new year. I want to keep providing information and guidelines on nutrition and fitness, but I also want to help YOU reach your goals to become a healthier you in 2011. So this is how it works! Each Monday I will post a challenge for the week. It will involve anything from exercise to eating a certain food to doing a certain activity. Throughout the week, come back to the blog and comment on completing the challenge so we can all congratulate you! Fridays post will involve me telling you about the highlights of my week in nutrition and fitness, as well as pointing out readers that completed the challenge! I will try to post some "Wisdom Wednesdays" during weeks that permit, so we can still keep learning about healthy lifestyles. Sound like a plan?

SO! For our first challenge of the year:  
Write down 3 goals involving fitness or nutrition 
for the month of January
Then, I want you to tape one copy on your mirror, one copy on your closet door, and one copy in the pantry or on the fridge. I figure those three places are most visited! Then start this week. The reason I say only January is because often people think the so called "new years resolutions" are things you only do for a couple weeks. This way, you are only planning on doing them for 4 weeks. After that, you can either keep the same goals if they worked for you, or change them for the month of February. Also, if they are specific enough, you just might need harder goals the next month if you've already reached one or two! You are welcome to do more than three goals, but I think three is a good place to start. If you need help with writing goals, refer back to this post. Remember to be realistic and specific. Now let's get to it!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.... for me it's just continue what I've been doing. How egotistic is THAT?
    But it seems true.
    Except I want to start back on Weight watchers, and really count points next week.
    I think. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...