Monday, June 18, 2012

Intuitive Eating

Hey there, Monday. That came fast!

Have you heard of intuitive eating? It's something I've looked into several times and always found interesting. In fact, it's something I wish I was way better at. I can definitely be that person that eats just because it is time to, not because I'm actually hungry. Not to mention how many times I eat past being satisfied instead of to the point that I'm full.

http://totallifecoach.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Eating-Healthy.jpg 

Intuitive eating is not a diet. It's a way of eating that everyone should probably adopt. It doesn't involve completely cutting out certain foods or exercising extreme amounts. It involves listening to your body, giving it what it needs and truly becoming healthy. 

If you're interested, check out the website and there is even some books. Here are the 10 principles they focus on:

1. Reject the diet mentality
2. Honor your hunger
3. Make peace with food
4. Challenge the food police
5. Respect your fullness
6. Discover the satisfaction factor
7. Honor your feelings without using food
8. Respect your body
9. Exercise - feel the difference
10. Honor your health

I love all of them.

Hope you have a great week!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...