Yes - today we talk about jump rope.
Feel free to listen to this song while reading...it's a keeper!
There are several reasons I'm a fan of jumping rope. And there are several reasons you should be too!
- Jumping rope is a type of cardiovascular exercise that engages the whole body through consistent hops in the air.
- When you add jump rope into your weight lifting workout, you increase calorie burn and help train your heart with short bursts of speed
- Jumping rope burns calories at a similar rate as running does
- A jump rope is a really simple and inexpensive piece of workout equipment
- Jump rope training will enhance coordination, agility, quickness, footwork and endurance
I have a special place in my heart for jump rope. As weird as that may sound...but when I was young I participated in Jump Rope for Heart at my elementary school. It's a great way to get kids moving and teach them about how moving and staying active does protect their heart.
Here are some jump rope workouts you might like to try:
Add one of those to your next weights session or use it as a warm up and you'll be feelin' it!