- assume the cars DON'T see you, so make yourself visable before crossing streets or changing positions.
- run against traffic...then both you and the driver can see clearly
- run with very low music on, or none at all. some people thing this is pretty rough, but it is for your safety and being ably to hear cars
- go single file in groups runs unless you are on a less traveled path with minimal traffic
- run with proper ID in case of emergency
- look out for people pulling out of their driveways
- wear bright or reflective clothing when it is dark out
- avoid roads with little or no shoulder room
- beware of stopped cars waiting to turn right...just wait for them to turn and then continue on, or get on the sidewalk to continue going
- run in familiar places that are well enough populated so you feel safe
- if you are going out alone, tell someone what your route is before you leave and when you plan on being back
~Check out this post on 4th of July Eats...so many to choose from!
Have a great weekend!