Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Banana Muffins (with Coconut Oil!)

Hey, friends!
So, a few weeks ago I was offered a $25 gift certificate to Swanson Vitamins – and online health product store. I was excited and started browsing right away. I ended up ordering three different things: extra virgin coconut oil, sunflower butter, and chia seeds. All things I hadn’t tried! And so far, they are all a hit!
The first thing I wanted to do with the coconut oil was bake! So I decided to whip out some banana muffins with coconut oil.

DSC00767

Just opening the jar was enough to get my taste buds going. I love the smell of coconut. To be honest, it made me think of Samoa girl scout cookies Smile
Let the baking begin!

DSC00768DSC00769DSC00771DSC00772DSC00775DSC00776

Banana Muffins
1/3 c. coconut oil
1/2 c. honey
2 eggs
2 bananas mashed
1 3/4 c. wheat flour
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1/4 c. hot water
cinnamon
In one bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In another, mix the coconut oil, honey, eggs and hot water. Then add the mashed bananas and liquid mix to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. This was actually a recipe for a loaf of bread…but I think everything tastes better in muffin form. So I made mini muffins, and added chocolate chips to one batch. Bake at 325 for 10 to 15 minutes. They were a hit!
I’m excited to keep trying coconut oil in other recipes and cooking. It adds flavor and is very good for you! And I’m glad I got the chance to check out Swanson Vitamins online…you should check it out too!
~Are you interested in getting some free Swanson Health Products goodies to review on your own blog? Then check out the Swanson Health Blog for all the details.
~What do you use coconut oil for?

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I have been loving coconut oil...especially to grill chicken in--gives it an awesome flavor!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...