Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bake On: 1st Stop

image
After almost 7 weeks of working as a Sports Camp Counselor, I returned home and emptied my bag I had been living out of each week….just to turn around and pack another bag to head on vacation with my family!
image
Before heading out, though, I was ready to get my bake on. It had been a while since I had been in the kitchen!
First stop, Eat Live Run’s Carrot Cake Muffin Bars.
I did what any girl would do and scouted out her recipe, and tweaked it to make it my own.
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. white flour
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. honey
1/2 stick (1/4 c.) of butter
1/4 c. coconut oil
1 egg
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1 c. rolled oats
1 c. grated carrots
1/4 c. milk

Combine dry ingredients in one bowl (flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, oats)
Combine the butter, oil, brown sugar and honey. Then beat in the egg. After it is mixed well, slowly steam in the milk.
Then put the dry and wet ingredients together. At the end, gently fold in those carrots!
image

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

image
I , of course, added a bit of melted chocolate chips on top. If there is chocolate on it, people are more willing to try it. Seriously.

image
Enjoy!

P.S. Stay tuned for the second stop. Even though I did them one right after the other!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...