Monday, January 9, 2012

30 Days

Before I tell you this story, you have to understand that I am a punctuality FREAK. That is probably even an understatement. It drives my family crazy at (most) times. So I try to only be anal when I have to be. But really…it is probably out of hand. See example:

image

My mom used to always tell me that it takes 21 days to make a habit. So if you are trying to start something new (like a new years resolution, eh?) you do it for 21 days straight and it will become a habit. Fast forward to my sophomore year of high school where one of my neighbors would give me a ride to school each morning. She was always late. To the point that she would drop me off outside the door closest to my classroom because there was approximately 30 seconds until the late bell rang. Which is a recipe for a heart attack for me.

So anyway, I decided to challenge my dear neighbor (who was a senior) to 21 days of picking me up on time. And I offered a reward. Seriously as I type this I realize I am totally weird…but I promise we were good friends and she was happy to try it, because she too wanted to be on time for once. So for 21 days she was on time, and it was glorious. Come day 22, and we are back at racing against the clock. I will say though, that from that point on, we were on time probably 75% more than we used to be.

image

Are you wondering why I am telling you this yet? Ya, I’m sure you are. Well I came across this video on trying something new for 30 days. I did something similar to this last January and I think it works out well. Some goals should last longer than 30 days, because they will take longer than 30 days. But small goals along the way, or maybe trying something new, or trying to break or start a habit – 30 days is perfect. So check out this video. And decide what changes you want to make for the next 30 days. Because you can do anything for 30 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...