Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday's Letters

Dear Rain, thank you for coming yesterday. We needed you more than ever. Feel free to come again reallll soon. Dear Tennis, I'm not very good at you, but you sure are fun to play...especially when my mom can slam the ball down like nobody's business! Dear 11 Mile Run, pretty sure I'm going to own you, one mile at a time. Dear Firemen, to say I'm impressed with your courage and valiant effort would be an understatement. Know you are in the prayers of many as you go forward to fight those fires. 

 Only 2,000 acres burned in Quail Fire; some evacuations lifted
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/539779_10150916511151987_1066925423_n.jpg

Have a fantastic weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture at the end! I'm reading a book on triathlon training and it says we all started as triathletes: running, biking and swimming were our favorite recess activities - if we approach tri training with that same passion it will be a great adventure. I'm still working on the "running is fun" thing but I get a little better every time I hit the pavement :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing picture of the fire! It got especially bad the night of the 4th. Those flames 100 feet flames were scary! So thankful for the firefighters and THEIR FAMILIES who were worried sick about them! The rain the next day was truly a result of so many prayers. I heard that all 4,000 of the missionaries in the MTC had prayed specifically for rain and it rained the next day. No one could doubt that the rain was a result of answered prayers. So cool!

    I would love to see your mom play tennis, sometime! Go Shari!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...