Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lemon Blueberry Bread

Remember how I said we have a plethora of lemons at our house? Well, I decided to search for a Lemon Blueberry Bread recipe. Like last time and the black bean brownies, I found several and then sort of made my own. So...here we have it!

Lemon Blueberry Bread
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. white flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. yogurt
1/4 c. honey
1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs
2 t. lemon zest
1/2 t. vanilla
1/4 c. oil
1 c. blueberries
1/3 c. lemon juice

In one bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar). 
In a separate bowl, mix together the yogurt, honey, eggs, vanilla, oil and lemon juice. 
Mix the wet and dry together. Once mixed, fold in the blueberries and lemon zest. Pour into a bread pan (or you could make them into muffins I'm sure!) and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Eat up!



3 comments:

  1. YUM!!!! this sounds amazing! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I made chocolate chip banana bread the other day, I might have to try this one next. It looks delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm! This looks so good! I can' wait to try it! Might have to have a bake-fest tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...